RSS Feeds
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil,    but because of the people who don't do anything about it    
Jerusalem

TitleDescriptionDate
Is the settler NGO ELAD subsiding the construction taking place in the East Jerusalem Palestinian neighborhood of Silwan?Who is responsible for the construction in the most sensitive part of Jerusalem? Peace Now helped provide Channel Two’s leading journalist, Haim Rivlin, with information to report on June 10 about the legal investigation ongoing into the NGO ELAD’s actions in East Jerusalem. See the news article with English Subtitles Here: 19/6/2009
...
Extremist settlers attack a Palestinian man in JerusalemSaed Bannoura- IMEMC - " Mohammad Al Hallaq, 30, is a resident of East Jerusalem. He was on his way back home from his meat store in West Jerusalem. He is a father of three children. The settlers punched and kicked Al Hallaq and also struck him with clubs and sharp tools. He suffered a broken arm in addition to several cuts and bruises. "19/6/2009
Israeli court rules to demolish Palestinian home/peace center for the 4th timeSaed Bannoura - IMEMC - "...for lack of a building permit, though Israel intentionally withholds building permits from Palestinians." 17/6/2009
Jewish group `offers aid` to Palestinians should they leave JerusalemSaed Bannoura - IMEMC - "..the Israeli policy in Jerusalem is a policy of racism and ethnic cleansing under the slogan of “preserving demographic balance”." 10/6/2009
Prevent Alstom From Building The Haramain Express Railway! End Saudi collusion with Israeli apartheid!Laila El-Haddad - Raising Yousuf and Noor - "Alstom is in violation of international law for its part in the construction of the Jerusalem Light Rail, which will link illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territory (including East Jerusalem) with the city of Jerusalem."10/6/2009
Controversial East Jerusalem hotel okayed by local zoning committee Ranit Nahum-Halevy - Haaretz - "The area is part of the master zoning plan for the Old City, and is earmarked as open, public space. The municipality intends to rezone the site for commercial use and hotels, as well as a public, pedestrian passageway." 3/6/2009
...
Barkat to halt 70% of East Jerusalem demolitions Nir Hasson - Haaretz - "Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat is set to announce a plan to freeze demolition orders on around 70 percent of unauthorized construction in the east of the city, Haaretz has learned. The municipality would also negotiate compensation terms with families evicted from the remaining 30 percent. The plan represents a departure from earlier statements, in which Barkat spoke out against illegal construction by Palestinians in East Jerusalem" 29/6/2009
...
9 injured as Israel demolishes Palestinian house in East-JerusalemTwo women were taken to the hospital and seven others were wounded as they clashed with Israeli police, trying to prevent their house from getting demolished. The event came one day after the municipality reported that it would freeze 70% of its demolition orders for Palestinian houses in East-Jerusalem. 30/6/2009
70% freeze of Jersualem house demolitions - a step forward? ICAHD/RHR - Twenty thousand (20,000) Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem housing 180,000 people currently have demolition orders. Freezing the demolition of 70% of them means that 6,000 homes would still be slated for demolition. In fact, the Municipality has indicated that it intends to remove completely those 6,000 homes. It seems to believe that offering compensation will legitimize that action. 30/6/2009
Articles Archive
Current Articles
10/2017
9/2017
8/2017
7/2017
6/2017
5/2017
4/2017
3/2017
2/2017
1/2017
12/2016
11/2016
10/2016
9/2016
8/2016
7/2016
6/2016
5/2016
4/2016
3/2016
2/2016
1/2016
12/2015
11/2015
10/2015
9/2015
8/2015
7/2015
6/2015
5/2015
4/2015
3/2015
2/2015
1/2015
12/2014
11/2014
10/2014
9/2014
8/2014
7/2014
6/2014
5/2014
4/2014
3/2014
2/2014
1/2014
12/2013
11/2013
10/2013
9/2013
8/2013
7/2013
6/2013
5/2013
4/2013
3/2013
2/2013
1/2013
12/2012
11/2012
10/2012
9/2012
8/2012
7/2012
6/2012
5/2012
4/2012
3/2012
2/2012
1/2012
12/2011
11/2011
10/2011
9/2011
8/2011
7/2011
6/2011
5/2011
4/2011
3/2011
2/2011
1/2011
12/2010
11/2010
10/2010
9/2010
8/2010
7/2010
6/2010
5/2010
4/2010
3/2010
2/2010
1/2010
12/2009
11/2009
10/2009
9/2009
8/2009
7/2009
6/2009
5/2009
4/2009
3/2009
2/2009
1/2009
12/2008
11/2008
10/2008
9/2008
8/2008
7/2008
6/2008
5/2008
4/2008
3/2008
2/2008
1/2008
12/2007
11/2007
10/2007
9/2007
8/2007
7/2007
6/2007
5/2007
4/2007
3/2007
2/2007
1/2007
12/2006
11/2006
10/2006
9/2006
8/2006
7/2006
6/2006
5/2006
4/2006
3/2006
2/2006
1/2006
12/2005
11/2005
10/2005
9/2005
8/2005
7/2005
6/2005
5/2005
4/2005
3/2005
2/2005
1/2005
12/2004
11/2004
10/2004


Home page  back